Saturday, October 6, 2007

Mission Statement

For awhile now, I've been thinking about how to think about books in a different way than by writing in my journal or by writing a review. Generally, I find that my journal entries about books and writers, and the thoughts they inspire, tend to be free association and amorphous. On the other hand, the few reviews I have written for established publications, whether online or in print, have been formal and required a good deal of time and energy.

I am exploring the blog format as a way of quickly spending some time on books that I am reading and find interesting, but also as a way of thinking somewhere between the formal and the informal. Furthermore, I would be intrigued to hear from people who are reading the same books (or have thoughts on what I have written on this blog). Should be a fun experiment.

No comments: